I came across a blog post yesterday called “21 Ways Rich People Think Differently Than Average People” and honestly, I loved it.
[Thanks to my friend Kim Castleberry for bringing it to my attention!]
What struck me was the difference in APPROACH TO LIFE AND MONEY between the two groups.
In the original post, they listed 21 differences, but here I’ve chosen my favorite 7.
7 Ways That Rich People Think Differently Than Average People
1. Average people think MONEY is the root of all evil. Rich people believe POVERTY is the root of all evil.
Poverty never helped anyone. I believe that the more money you can make, the more you can give away to causes that are dear to you.
2. Average people have a lottery mentality. Rich people have an action mentality.
Yesterday, some guy from New Jersey won something like 21 million dollars in the Lottery. Sadly, I predict he’ll be out of money in 5 years.
Average people think that winning the lottery is the only way out. Rich people understand that ACTION precedes money making.
3. Average people think the road to riches is paved with formal education. Rich people believe in acquiring specific knowledge.
I have both formal education and specific knowledge.
Formal education will make you a living.
Specific knowledge can make you a fortune.
4. Average people believe you have to DO something to get rich. Rich people believe you have to BE something to get rich.
This brings to mind Jim Rohn’s great quote…
“It’s who you become in PURSUIT of what you want that’s important” (paraphrased).
5. Average people believe the markets are driven by logic and strategy. Rich people know they’re driven by emotion and greed.
NO comment. It’s true.
6. Average people would rather be entertained than educated. Rich people would rather be educated than entertained.
Becoming rich begins with EDUCATION. You’ve got to be willing to sacrifice to get it.
People who strive to be rich will temporarily forego entertainment in pursuit of their financial dreams.
7. Average people think rich people are snobs. Rich people just want to surround themselves with like-minded people.
Entrepreneurs just think differently than those who work traditional jobs. We need to surround ourselves with others who think like us.
We’re not snobs, we don’t think we’re better. We just know a better way.
If you want to read the entire list of 21 Ways that Rich People Think Differently Than Average People, you can find it here.
And if you see yourself in the “average” category, this training will change that, especially the way you think about and react to MONEY.