If you own a network marketing home business, you’ve undoubtedly heard it:
The money is in the list!
This phrase has become the mantra of all successful network marketers, simply because they understand that building a list of loyal followers allows you to sell to them, over and over again. But building a quality list of prospects for your business can be tricky and time consuming.
That’s why I’ve put together this compilation of list building success tips, so that you can avoid the mistakes I made when I first got started.
As a network marketer, there is nothing worse than running out of people to talk to about your business. Most newbies are told to make a list of family, friends, and anyone else they’ve ever met. The idea is to get started quickly with people who already know and trust you. It’s called the warm market and it can help new network marketers get some quick results. But when that list is exhausted, what happens? Most network marketers have no clue what to do next, they get frustrated and ultimately quit the business.
By the end of this article, you will understand the basics of building your list after your warm market leads have run out. Also, with my list building success tips you’ll understand how to develop a list of prospects who see you as a leader and THE person who can help them achieve their goals.
Finally, you will learn how to monetize your list and make sales from people who never even join your business.
5 List Building Success Tips To Explode Your Network Marketing Business
1. Leverage the Power of the Internet
It’s never been easier to build of list of prospects and explode your network marketing business. With the advent of the Internet, marketers are no longer limited by geographical location. In fact, with just a click of a mouse, home business owners can get their message out to millions of people around the globe.
In fact, learning how to market on the Internet is one of the most powerful skill sets a network marketer can acquire.
2. Have an Irresistible Offer
Why should someone join your list? What’s in it for them? In order to grow your list of prospects, you must develop an offer that makes joining your list a no-brainer. Whether it’s an ebook, video, or the infamous “boot camp”, you must show people that you understand their problems and can offer them solutions. When you’ve accomplished this, growing your list of prospects will never be a problem again.
3. Give Before You Take
This is one of the biggest mistakes that most network marketers make – they fail to establish a relationship with their list of prospects before pitching their business opportunity. It’s also a surefire way to build up your list of unsubscribers. You must build trust with your prospects before you can hope to make a sale. There are many ways to build trust, but none are better than providing your best training, strategies, and tips for free, right upfront.
Show your list of prospects that you can help them solve their problems and achieve their goals, and you will have a list of prospects that will follow you to the ends of the Earth.
4. Ask Them What They Need
Here’s a novel concept – rather than assuming what you THINK your prospects need, why not ASK them! Too many network marketers think they know what their prospects want and need. But because they never ask, they are way off base most of the time. I routinely send out surveys simply asking people on my list what they need. I ask about their biggest fears, frustrations, and problems. The answers I get give me a clue into the type of information they need.
Once I start offering solutions to their problems, they are mine.
5. Serve the 95% Who Don’t Join Your Business
On average, only 5% of your prospects will ever end up joining your primary business opportunity. So what happens to the other 95%? For most, they end up as deadwood, people on your list who get email after email and never move forward.
And even better, what if you were an affiliate for these products, so you received a commission on every sale? That’s the killer strategy that the top earners use to explode their online income. They monetize their list by making sales from people who never even join their primary business.
These are 5 strategies that I’ve used to build a list of over 1500 people.…. subscribers to whom I can reach out to send my latest article, blog post, video, or just something really funny that happened to me that day.
But it’s also the people who will buy a course I’m offering, a killer product one of my colleagues is launching, and some decide to join my Network Marketing opportunity.
The point is… you need to have someone to talk to… a list of raving fans.
And they are only “raving” fans if you give and give and give… BEFORE you take.
Have other cool list building strategies? Share them… leave a comment!
To your success!